A staff of a sachet water-producing factory was driving drunk when his car ram into 3 siblings and a motorcycle rider, killing 4 people in Epe Local Government, Lagos. A source close to the report says that the victim’s names are, Ester Orimisan, 24, Kofoworola Orimisan, 17, Emmanuel Orimisan, 2 years old; and Okada rider Femi Shejedo.
The accused drunk driver was driving a Ford pickup truck with plate number GGE 42 XN in the late night on Saturday, June 8th, 2019, when the incident occurred. According to people close to the matter, the driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident. The driver hit a vehicle and tried to drive off before running into a motorcycle that was carrying the 3 siblings to their home.
An eyewitness, Bode Abisoye, said the victims were not aware that the van was coming towards their direction, adding that the tragedy would have been averted if Awe had switched on the headlights of the van.
He stated that Awe attempted to flee from the scene of the accident, but residents gave him a chase until he drove the van into a gutter.
“We had to chase him till he drove into a gutter, but we noticed that he was drunk when we approached him. He even refused to alight from the vehicle and if not for the involvement of the police and the neighbourhood security men, he would have escaped.
“Aside from the motorcyclist, the three passengers were siblings, two girls and a two-year-old boy. All the victims were still alive when the accident happened, but they later died at the Epe General Hospital due to the severity of the injuries they sustained.”
- “First Year Anniversary Of Second Tenure Will Be Marked LowKey”— Garba Shehu, SA To President Buhari
- Executive Order: Trump Signs Order Targeting Social Media Companies
- COVID19: Groups Of Six Can Meet Outside – UK
- FG approves police reorganisation, additional department, zonal commands
- Pay Property Tax On Exotic Cars, Mansions, Before Masses Rise Up, Senator Smart Adeyemi Tells Wealthy Nigerians