Akon said in an interview with the Breakfast Club radio show that he signed Davido, Wizkid and P-Square but the deal fell through.
- Akon Signed Wizkid, Davido and PSquare
- He said he went to Nigerian to invest in Afrobeat when it wasn’t popular and he signed Davido and Wizkid but they did not respect the contract.
Akon appeared on The Breakfast Club radio show to reveal some secrets about how dysfunctional the Afrobeat business is. According to him, people sign record deals but they do not respect it and he named Wizkid and Davido as the main subjects.
He said he signed Davido and Wizkid, but neither of them upholds the contract terms.
“When I was in Africa I was building the Afrobeat. I signed Davido, P-Square, and Wizkid. In Africa, you just shake hands. Aint no contract involved in Nigeria. He is like my little brother, I just show him the way”. Akon said during the interview.
Akon started his career as a singer. His real name is Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam. He started singing when he got out of jail.
Akon’s criminal record
- Akon was arrested for possession of a stolen BMW and held in the DeKalb County jail for several months before prosecutors dropped all charges against him.
- Akon has only been convicted of one felony, for gun possession.
He served a few months in jail and came out with a hit record titled Trouble (Akon album). The record performed well and his career took off. Akon became wealthy and decided to invest in other business when he met Wizkid and Davido. Also, he started his own record company. He called the company Konvict music.
Akon’s net worth is listed at $ 80 million.
Read more from Nigeriatunes
- Nigeria: 2 Killed As B/Haram Attacks UN Helicopter — Official
- Police Nab Chinese Couple For Locking Up 8 Nigerians For 4 Months
- Release Date for FIFA 21 Demo
- Terrorist Attacks: UN Suspends Air Services In The Troubled North-East
- Lewandowski passes 50-goal mark as Bayern win 20th German Cup to complete double
- UN says 2 killed, helicopter hit in jihadist attack
- Chelsea win holds off rampant Man United in race for Premier League top four
- Kogi: Court Of Appeal Affirms Bello’s Victory
- You Are Playing Cheap Politics- Saraki To APC
- We’ll ensure smooth take-off of Federal College of Education in Osun – Oyetola