Akon said in an interview with the Breakfast Club radio show that he signed Davido, Wizkid and P-Square but the deal fell through.
- Akon Signed Wizkid, Davido and PSquare
- He said he went to Nigerian to invest in Afrobeat when it wasn’t popular and he signed Davido and Wizkid but they did not respect the contract.
Akon appeared on The Breakfast Club radio show to reveal some secrets about how dysfunctional the Afrobeat business is. According to him, people sign record deals but they do not respect it and he named Wizkid and Davido as the main subjects.
He said he signed Davido and Wizkid, but neither of them upholds the contract terms.
“When I was in Africa I was building the Afrobeat. I signed Davido, P-Square, and Wizkid. In Africa, you just shake hands. Aint no contract involved in Nigeria. He is like my little brother, I just show him the way”. Akon said during the interview.
Akon started his career as a singer. His real name is Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam. He started singing when he got out of jail.
Akon’s criminal record
- Akon was arrested for possession of a stolen BMW and held in the DeKalb County jail for several months before prosecutors dropped all charges against him.
- Akon has only been convicted of one felony, for gun possession.
He served a few months in jail and came out with a hit record titled Trouble (Akon album). The record performed well and his career took off. Akon became wealthy and decided to invest in other business when he met Wizkid and Davido. Also, he started his own record company. He called the company Konvict music.
Akon’s net worth is listed at $ 80 million.
Read more from Nigeriatunes
- Warri pastor invited for family deliverance in Anambra, dies in his sleep
- Kemi Olunloyo threatens to Sue Busola Dakolo, Wife of Musician, Timi Dakolo, for N500m and to Expose her Bank Scandal
- Nigerian man narrates how he ran into a friend he never knew was dead
- Terrorists are 'generally Muslims' says Ryanair CEO
- Nigerians React As Glory Osei Deactivates Her Twitter Account
- Everton face stern test of Ancelotti-led revival
- Coronavirus survivor recounts fear, confusion
- Another Housewife Rashida Saidu Sentenced to Death by Hanging for Killing her Husband
- EXPLAINED: How regime agreed to pay APC gov $110m from Abacha Loot
- EPL: Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur Match Preview