- A Boeing 747-300 with registration number 5N-DBK, developed fault mid-air before the pilot struggled to land it at the airport.
- There was no light at the airport but no one was injured.
According to a person with the knowledge of the situation, a plane carrying 600 pilgrims from Saudi Arabia nearly crashed when the plane developed fault midair. Also, there was no light at the airport. The Minna International airport had no power and could not receive the plane, said a family member of someone on the plane.
The source said the Boeing 744 airplane with registration number 5N/DBK skids off the runway after landing. One of the tires also malfunctioned and the plane nearly caught fire.
Luckily, the passengers were ok, but they were frightened. The Public Relations Officer of the Niger State Pilgrims Welfare Board, Hajia Hassana Isah confirmed the incident but did not give further details.
“Gisting with my couz who just came back from Saudi Arabia (Hajj). So they crash-landed last night at Minna airport cause the control tower was not ready to receive them or so, apparently, there was no light (Power) at the airport. Niger Power state.” he tweeted.
Nigeriatunes gathered that five officials of the Accident Bureau of Investigation from Lagos had a closed-door meeting with the Minna Airport staffs. The meeting took place after they arrived at the facility to inspect the partly damaged aircraft.
“The fire that would have followed would have spread to all parts of the airport because we don’t have fire fighting vehicles in this airport”, said a senior Official of the airport.
Read more from Nigeriatunes
- Coronavirus survivor recounts fear, confusion
- Another Housewife Rashida Saidu Sentenced to Death by Hanging for Killing her Husband
- EXPLAINED: How regime agreed to pay APC gov $110m from Abacha Loot
- EPL: Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur Match Preview
- We’re creating enabling environment for investors to thrive in Oyo — Makinde
- She Sleeps Around With Random Dudes – Kemi Olunloyo's Son Enitan
- Katsina attack victims recount ordeal, explain how bandits killed, burnt children, elderly
- Buratai bags Assets Newspaper Man of the year award
- Is Quaden Bayles, The 9-Year-Old Bullied Schoolboy With Dwarfism An 18-Year-Old?
- Obaseki flags off countdown to Edo 2020