Amber Guyger was a police officer when she entered a wrong apartment and killed Botham Jean in his apartment. She told prosecutors that she thought she was in her apartment and that she mistook Jean for an intruder.
She fired her gun and killed Jean instantly.
Read more about the case here: How did Amber Guyger kill Botham Jean
Amber was tried and the Jury found her guilty of murder, however, she was only sentenced to 10 years in jail.
Surprisingly, Brandt, Jean’s brother pleaded for Amber Guyger, ” I don’t want you to go to jail”. He said.
“I love you just like anyone else, I’m not going to say I hope you rot and die just like my brother did, but I personally want the best for you,” he said.
“I wasn’t going to ever say this in front of my family or anyone but I don’t even want you to go to jail, I want the best for you because I know that’s exactly what Botham would want … and the best would be, give your life to Christ.” Botham Jean’s brother Brandt said.
Judge Tammy Kemp read the verdict that the Jury sentenced Amber Guyger to 10 years in prison. Shortly after, the judge hugged the convicted police officer. Story developing.
- Lagos Records Highest Covid19 Deaths In 24 Hours
- JE Technical Services appointed sole legal trade rep of BioMedomics COVID-19 test kit in Nigeria
- Suspected Armed Robbers Arrested In Ogun State
- Nigerians React As Federal Government Lifts Restriction On Religious Gatherings
- Four-Year-Old Girl Raped And Murdered In India
- 'Let's do this another way,' brother of George Floyd speaks to protesters at death scene, lays flowers
- Using Your Phone While Working To Become Illegal In Japan
- Unrest grips America: key questions answered
- Sex With Someone From Another Household To Become Illegal
- APC NWC approves direct primaries for Edo election