A Federal High Court in Lagos has sentenced Yesiru Onajobi, to 10 years’ imprisonment for defiling and impregnating his teenage daughter.
Yesiru is a 58-year-old farmer, who residing in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos. He was charged in 2011 on two counts of having carnal knowledge of his 13-year-old daughter.
The convict was prosecuted by the National Agency for the Prohibition of Traffic in Persons (NAPTIP).
According to NAPTIP, the prosecutor, after the death of Onaboji’s wife, he took custody of his only daughter who is a twin, while her brother was with relatives.
The convict was said to have molested his daughter repeatedly.
Justice Hassan ruled that it was difficult to disbelieve the evidence of the victim whom he said gave a vivid account of the incident, adding that her testimony remained constant at all times.
“I hereby sentence you, Yesiru Onajobi, to 10 years’ imprisonment each on counts one and two, without an option of a fine. The terms shall run concurrently from the date of arrest,” he ruled.
- Lagos Records Highest Covid19 Deaths In 24 Hours
- JE Technical Services appointed sole legal trade rep of BioMedomics COVID-19 test kit in Nigeria
- Suspected Armed Robbers Arrested In Ogun State
- Nigerians React As Federal Government Lifts Restriction On Religious Gatherings
- Four-Year-Old Girl Raped And Murdered In India
- 'Let's do this another way,' brother of George Floyd speaks to protesters at death scene, lays flowers
- Using Your Phone While Working To Become Illegal In Japan