A Federal High Court in Lagos has sentenced Yesiru Onajobi, to 10 years’ imprisonment for defiling and impregnating his teenage daughter.
Yesiru is a 58-year-old farmer, who residing in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos. He was charged in 2011 on two counts of having carnal knowledge of his 13-year-old daughter.
The convict was prosecuted by the National Agency for the Prohibition of Traffic in Persons (NAPTIP).
According to NAPTIP, the prosecutor, after the death of Onaboji’s wife, he took custody of his only daughter who is a twin, while her brother was with relatives.
The convict was said to have molested his daughter repeatedly.
Justice Hassan ruled that it was difficult to disbelieve the evidence of the victim whom he said gave a vivid account of the incident, adding that her testimony remained constant at all times.
“I hereby sentence you, Yesiru Onajobi, to 10 years’ imprisonment each on counts one and two, without an option of a fine. The terms shall run concurrently from the date of arrest,” he ruled.
- Teddy A and Davido shares the same views on marriage ” nothing like waking up to your wife”
- “expect love and friendship from Ike and me… I wont change because I am richer” Mercy BBNAIJA
- Mercy and Ronaldo will struggle with Man Utd team – Berbatov
- Toke Makinwa to Timaya “I Am not wearing a pant… Let the coochie breathe”
- Damn… Davido and a rude follower go at each other on Twitter
- I have things to do, no time for Vector again – MI Abaga
- Cyprus Police stop Rema during his performance … but fans still love acapella [Watch video]