Former Nigerian President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has gotten his fair share of constant fire incidents in Nigeria. The residence of the former President located around the Ita-Eko area of OGUN State was gutted by fire in the early hours of February 12.
According to the report, the fire was caused by a power surge and it started around 9:30 pm in a section of the house. Meanwhile, there has been no confirmed report of items and properties that were destroyed during the fire outbreak, however, it was reported that residents of the area helped the domestic staff in the house to put out the fire before the arrival of fire service.
The story has been confirmed by the Ogun State Director of Fire Service, Fatai Adefala whọ disclosed that only the store was affected by the inferno. He was also stated that men of the fire service came at once after they received a distress call around 10 pm.
A video of the fire incident was shared online by a social media user.
See video below:
It could be recalled that earlier this month, Nigeriatunes published a post about Pastor Adeboye saying Nigerians need to pray because there will be more fire incidents in the country.