Luis Enrique is a former Spanish footballer; he played for Barcelona, Real Madrid, and a few other teams during his time as a player. He coached Barcelona FC from 2014 – 2017, he departed the club after his contract expired to coach the Spanish National team.
Luis Enrique won 2 La Liga titles, three Copa Del Rey titles, the Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup.
He began coaching the Spanish National team but he stepped away for a personal reason earlier this year. Enrique later revealed that took time away from work in June to be with his daughter who was fighting bone cancer.
He posted on his twitter account that his daughter Xana Enrique, 9 years old passed away on August 29, 2019. Xana has been battling bone cancer for the past 5 months before she died.
Read more from Nigeriatunes
- What a scary moment for Arsenal… They almost lost to Fulman
- Mikel Arteta of Arsenal and Scott Parker of Fulham lament over 1-1 draw
- Encourage Inter-Ethnic Marriages To Prevent Secession – Lai Mohammed Tells Religious, Traditional Leaders
- Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool have ‘7 finals’ this season
- Bayern Munich counters Hansi Flick over his decision to leave the club