A father was troubled when he found out that his daughters and their cousin died overnight. He found his 3 daughters and their cousin dead when he woke up to turn off the generator the next morning. He suspected that the generator caused it because the fumes and his neighbors also believed the story.
The father and his family lives in Aghoro 11 community in Ekeremor Local Government area, Bayelsa State. Lucky, Ebitimi, Ruth London and their cousin Ebi Binasuode lost their lives overnight. They all went to sleep at night but when the dad woke up; he said he found his 3 daughters and their cousin dead in their room and that the generator is to be blamed for their death. He also said that he just bought the generator.
According to the father, he just bought a new Generator and turned it on overnight because there was no light. But the generator shifted to the door side where the children slept. “I woke up and turned off the generator then I noticed that the children are dead” – The dad.
“The generator was outside, but it was on tiles. The generator shifted close to the door. At about 6am, I came out to put off the generator and saw that it was close to the door. Eventually, when I entered the room I saw that all the children were dead,” The father added.
Only one child survived, the child’s name is Favour Stephen, said someone familiar with the matter.