Grammy-award winning reggae artist, popularly known for his movie role as Teddy Bruckshot in the Jamaican ‘Shottas’, dies. He was involved in the fatal car accident in Ontario, Canada on Monday
Louie Rankin worked with stars such as DJ Khalid and DMX.
He was born in Kingston, Jamaica, best known for his role as Ox in 1998 crime drama Belly when he starred with fellow actors Nas and DMX. Rankin received a Grammy award in 1992 for his track, ‘Typewriters’. He appeared in movies such as Shottas In 2002, and We Run These Streets, in 2014.
A tweet from the deceased verified account read: “It saddens us to have to announce that The “[ORIGINAL] DON DADA” “Trail Blazer” the legend – Louie Ox Rankin passed away this morning!
“May God keep his soul with his father, sister and [niece] in #heaven #amen #sipox.”
Fans took to twitter to express their grief.
- We are working on new policy for sports, says Dare
- #COVID19: Oyo State Govt Eases Curfew
- President Trump Bans Travel To The U.S. From Brazil Over #COVID19
- Aubameyang ‘on the verge of Arsenal exit’ as PSG bid €38m
- Alleged Fraud: Step Aside, Submit Yourself For Investigation — PDP Charges Lagos Speaker, Obasa