Nigerian fraudster Invictus Obi (Obinwanne Okeke) has been charged with several counts of fraud and he is expected to forfeit 11 million dollars in assets. He is also facing 30 years in jail. Obinwannne Okeke has been in jail since he was arrested on August 6th, 2019.
The prosecutors recommend that Obi forfeits at least $11 million in cash and asset. The emerald cut engagement ring found on him when he was arrested, was also added to the list of items to be forfeited.
According to the person with the knowledge of the case, the grand jury went through the investigation report and returned with an indictment of Mr Okeke for the $11 million fraud on September 9.
Obinwanne Okeke if facing up to 30 years in prison if convicted. Also, he is expected to enter a plea deal. The next hearing date is on September 16.
- Jamal Musiala of Bayern Munich Dumps England for Germany
- Blame Syndrome: 20 Times Buhari Blamed Others For His Administration's Failures
- Granit Xhaka of Arsenal laments the plight of social media abuse over his family
- Josep Guardiola respects Monchengladbach ahead of UCL tie
- What Magu Told Me After My Appointment – New EFCC Boss, Bawa
- BREAKING: Despite Corruption Allegations, Senate Confirms Bawa As EFCC Chairman
- EFCC Chairman Designate, Bawa Denies Selling Seized Property In Agency's Custody
- Buhari Receives List Of Corruption Cases Worth N900billion Now Dormant Under His Government
- Neil Lennon resigns as Celtic boss amid crisis
- Tinubu’s Fraud Cases Linger In Court Amidst 2023 Presidential Ambition