Nigerian fraudster Invictus Obi (Obinwanne Okeke) has been charged with several counts of fraud and he is expected to forfeit 11 million dollars in assets. He is also facing 30 years in jail. Obinwannne Okeke has been in jail since he was arrested on August 6th, 2019.
The prosecutors recommend that Obi forfeits at least $11 million in cash and asset. The emerald cut engagement ring found on him when he was arrested, was also added to the list of items to be forfeited.
According to the person with the knowledge of the case, the grand jury went through the investigation report and returned with an indictment of Mr Okeke for the $11 million fraud on September 9.
Obinwanne Okeke if facing up to 30 years in prison if convicted. Also, he is expected to enter a plea deal. The next hearing date is on September 16.
- INEC declares 30 staff missing after Kogi election
- Landlords demand N.5billion from Ogun Govt
- Why we’re at war with Obaseki – APC chieftain
- UK's Prince Andrew denies having sex with Epstein accuser
- PDP tells Kogi, Bayelsa voters to protect votes
- Kogi decides 2019: Live Results from Collation Centres
- How To Make Tasty Ila Alasepo (Okra Soup)
- Don’t Join the Rank of Killers, Soyinka Cautions Lawmakers
- Thousands of Cross River youths block highway over alleged murder of kinsman
- Is Smart Adeyemi Dino Melaye’s Political Wife? Dino Beats Him Again