Nigerian fraudster Invictus Obi (Obinwanne Okeke) has been charged with several counts of fraud and he is expected to forfeit 11 million dollars in assets. He is also facing 30 years in jail. Obinwannne Okeke has been in jail since he was arrested on August 6th, 2019.
The prosecutors recommend that Obi forfeits at least $11 million in cash and asset. The emerald cut engagement ring found on him when he was arrested, was also added to the list of items to be forfeited.
According to the person with the knowledge of the case, the grand jury went through the investigation report and returned with an indictment of Mr Okeke for the $11 million fraud on September 9.
Obinwanne Okeke if facing up to 30 years in prison if convicted. Also, he is expected to enter a plea deal. The next hearing date is on September 16.
- Lagos Records Highest Covid19 Deaths In 24 Hours
- JE Technical Services appointed sole legal trade rep of BioMedomics COVID-19 test kit in Nigeria
- Suspected Armed Robbers Arrested In Ogun State
- Nigerians React As Federal Government Lifts Restriction On Religious Gatherings
- Four-Year-Old Girl Raped And Murdered In India
- 'Let's do this another way,' brother of George Floyd speaks to protesters at death scene, lays flowers
- Using Your Phone While Working To Become Illegal In Japan
- Unrest grips America: key questions answered
- Sex With Someone From Another Household To Become Illegal
- APC NWC approves direct primaries for Edo election