Forbes reported that Jay Z amassed 1 billion worth of assets within 10 years. Jay Z started his career as a rapper; he earned lot of money from rapper as a rapper and part owner of his record label. He took the money from rap and flipped in into art collections, real-estate ((homes in Los Angeles, the Hamptons, Tribeca), Liquor business, private equity stakes in companies like Uber, Tidal and many more.
He grew up poor; he lived in the Brooklyn’s Marcy housing projects in New York. His first hustle was drug dealing before he became a musician. He co-owned Roc-A-Fella records with Damon Dash and Burke, they sold half of the record company to Def Jam records in 1997 for $1.5 million. In 2004 they sold the other half to Def Jam for 10 million dollars.
Jay Z Net Worth breakdown
$310 million – Armand de Brignac
$210 million – Cash, Investments
$100 million – D’Usse
$100 million – Tidal
$75 million – Rock Nation
$75 million – music catalog
$70 million – Art collections
$50 million – Real Estate
- Developing story: Bomb blast rips through Konduga, Borno State, killing 30 people.
- A Nigerian man destroys cars at the Nigerian Embassy in the United Kingdom.
- Nairamarley promised to help fellow inmates in an effort to fight injustice
- MUSIC VIDEO: Tspize – Disappoint You ft. Sarkodie
- Davido’s baby mamas wish him a happy Father’s Day.