Nigeria Confirms 2nd Coronavirus case Less Than Two weeks After the first case

coronavirus
coronavirus

Nigeria’s Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire has announced that another person has been confirmed to be a carrier of the dreaded coronavirus in the country. The minister announced this today, March 9, 2020, during a press conference held in Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory.

This announcement came less than two weeks after the first case was confirmed in the country.

While announcing the new case, the health minister said that the new patient had contact with the Italian who was the first person in the country to be a confirmed carrier of the dreaded coronavirus on February 28, 2020.

The minister disclosed that a total of 60 people had been quarantined in Lagos and Ogun states after the Italian was diagnosed with the virus after arriving in Nigeria from Italy.

“On 8th March 2020, scientists confirmed the presence of coronavirus in one of the contacts. It is my duty, therefore, to announce a new case of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Nigeria,” the minister said.

The minister noted that the new patient, an Ogun State contact of Italian, has ‘no significant clinical symptoms’, unlike the Italian patient who fell ill during his business trip to Ogun a day after arriving in Nigeria through Lagos International Airport.

“The patient has now been placed in isolation and under clinical follow-up and in care at Infectious Disease Hospital, Lagos. All other contacts of the Italian in Ogun and Lagos will remain in isolation and testing will be carried out on those not yet tested, including some in other states”, the minister added.

As at Monday morning, March 9, 2020, over 110,000 people have been infected with the coronavirus and nearly 4000 people have been killed by the virus across the world within three months that the virus broke out in Wuhan, China.

Also read: This is Illbliss Before He Knows What Money and Fame Are [Photo]

Please follow and like us:

Please follow & like us :)