Omoyele Sowore was arrested by the Nigeria authorities and the prosecutors suggested that the court should continue to detain him for committing a treasonable offence.
He is been accused of stalking president Bahuri, engaging in money laundering, and he’s also being charged for trying to start a revolution against the Nigerian government.
According to someone familiar with the case, Sowore, who is a publisher at Sahara Reporter will be arraigned in court tomorrow Tuesday, September 24th, 2019.
As a result, his activist friend Deji Adeyanju asked Nigerians to come out to support Sowore.
Deji wrote that Sowore will be arraigned at the Federal High Court Abuja.
On September 20th, 2019, the Nigerian government filed treasonable charges against Sowore. They accused him of cyberbullying President Buhari and he is also being investigated for alleged money laundering case.
Read our previous post about Sowore here
Also, the former presidential candidate was on August 5th, arrested over his plans to organise a protest he tagged ”RevolutionNow”.
- #COVID19: Police Alert Nigerians On Emerging Crime Trends
- We are saddened by Akure explosion – APC
- Coronavirus: Should You Panic As An Avid Traveller?
- See List Of Donations So Far For The Fight Against #COVID19 In Nigeria
- COVID-19: Cristiano Ronaldo and Others to get Four Months Pay Cut At Juventus
- Dozens of South Africans exit quarantine after China return
- [JUST IN] #COVID19: VP Osinbajo Still Self-Isolating — Attends Aso Villa Chapel Online Live Streaming Service
- Fayemi orders lockdown in Ekiti, shuts borders
- 'Merkel is back': virus crisis boosts Germany's centre-right
- Oyetola announces state lockdown, as second Coronavirus case confirmed