In celebrating the 59th years of gaining freedom, Nigerian students showed up in their various schools with their diverse traditional attire to mark 59 years of Independence from the British colony.
Among these students were children of celebrities such as Tonto Dikeh, Paul Okoye, Lola Omotayo and others.
It was a pride moment for the celebrities as they took to Instagram to flaunt their kids rocking outfits of different Nigerian tribes.
As a sovereign state, Nigeria will be fifty-nine on October 1st, 2019. Nigeria gained independence on October 1st, 1960 and became a Republic in 1963.
The giant of Africa consists of about 250 ethnic groups that are divided into different tribes with over 500 additional indigenous languages. Indeed every tribe is worth representing.
Happy Independence Nigeria!
See pictures below
- We are working on new policy for sports, says Dare
- #COVID19: Oyo State Govt Eases Curfew
- President Trump Bans Travel To The U.S. From Brazil Over #COVID19
- Aubameyang ‘on the verge of Arsenal exit’ as PSG bid €38m
- Alleged Fraud: Step Aside, Submit Yourself For Investigation — PDP Charges Lagos Speaker, Obasa