Nigeriatunes reported that Timi Dakolo and his wife Busola filed a sexual assault case against COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo. The case became messy after Busola Dakolo went on national television to say that the head pastor at COZA church, Abuja, rapped her when she was young.
Read more about the case here
The pastor stepped down from the pulpit following the allegation but he has returned to preaching at his church. The Nigeria police confirmed that pastor Biodun was in their custody with his lawyer to testify to the case. He was invited for questioning in regards to the ongoing investigation.
The Senior Pastor of COZA, Biodun Fatoyinbo, is in custody of the Nigeria police. The Punch reports.
“Yes, he is in our custody,” Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba told Punch. Mba continued: “We have done a whole lot of background investigations and spoken to a whole lot of people before now. It was a deliberate investigative procedure to bring him last. Although we may invite others later depending on how investigations go.
“We were not in a hurry to bring him because we wanted to have enough background information that would be used in interrogating him. We have done an extensive investigation.”
Read more from Nigeriatunes
- Funke Akindele Misses Her Father’s Burial, Bishop Suspends Thanksgiving Service Because of her
- Burna Boy Buys Huge Mansion in Lekki, Lagos [Video]
- Anthony Joshua Prostrated Before Mohammedu Buhari Twice in London, Looking Beyond the face value
- Photoshoot goes haywire – Dog bites face model leaving her with severe face injury
- Psquare’s sister Mary Okoye walks out of marriage with husband Emma Emordi