Few days after being mauled 7-2 by Bundesliga champion, Bayern Munich, English side, Tottenham Hotspur suffered another 3-0 loss against Brighton at the Amex Stadium.
Hugo Lloris fumbled with the first goal when he gifted Neal Maupay a bizarre opener in the third minute of the encounter. The captain was subsequently stretched off the pitch after suffering an elbow injury in the process.
The North London side’s problem was compounded by 19-year-old Irish striker, Aaron Connolly who doubled the host’s lead with his first Brighton’s goal on his first Premier League start.
Despite making a positive start to the second half, Connolly got a brace in the 65th minute killing off any hope of a comeback for the visitors.
This is Brighton’s first home win since March. With the result, Tottenham has failed to record a win in their last 10 Premier League away games. The last away victory recorded by Mauricio Pochettino’s men was against relegated London side, Fulham on 20th January 2019. They have also lost 17 games in all competitions in 2019 which is more than any other top-flight side.
Tottenham has been struggling to get back to winning ways. With last week’s home win against Southampton, Spurs got some relief after being dumped out of the Carabao Cup by League Two side, Colchester. The pressure returned during the midweek when they were battered by Bayern on their turf.
‘Not worried about sack’ – Pochettino
Obviously, the pressure is mounting on Pochettino with his side only recording 11 points from a possible 24 this term.
Today’s victory was Graham Potter’s first at the Amex. It has lifted the host to the 12th spot before the afternoon kick-offs, with Tottenham slipping out of the top six.
Reacting to the result, Pochenttino said he is not worried about the sack despite his side’s poor form.
“No I am not worried, what worries me is life, not football,” he said.
Pochettino to Lloris in the dressing room after the game pic.twitter.com/fVD6rcYblN
— ً (@RG72_) October 5, 2019
- #COVID19: FG Asks Nigerians To Report Anyone Who Demands Payment For Test
- Allow Magu’s Investigation — PDP To Buhari
- West Brom may bring Mikel back to England
- Video: Hugo Lloris press conference after fight with Son Heung Min
- 13 New Cases Of #COVID19 Recorded In Osun, As 21 Are Discharged
- Police Warns Of Cultists Attack In South West
- Military to combine kinetic and non-kinetic approach in tackling banditry – Buratai
- Hugo Lloris and Heung-Min Son’s fight pictures and videos
- Hicolumn; the groundbreaking online marketplace launching in Nigeria, calls for partnership with logistics companies in Lagos State.
- Egypt law allows soldiers to run for office only with army's permission